- Adam’s paper “The Biomechanical Effects of 1.0-1.2 MRad of Gamma Irradiation on Human Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Allografts” has been accepted for publication in AJSM. Congrats!
- Becky’s manuscript entitled “Controlled Treadmill Exercise Eliminates Chondroid Deposits and Restores Tensile Properties in a New Murine Tendinopathy Model” has been accepted for publication in J Biomechanics. Congrats!
- Another paper from the lab has been accepted for publication in AJSM! “Biomechanical Evaluation of Transosseous Rotator Cuff Repair: Do Anchors Really Matter?”
- Marisa Doria, a new Bioengineering Ph.D. student from UIC, has joined the lab. Welcome aboard!
- We welcome our new lab personnel: Jake Bauwens and Richard Rames (Rush medical students/summer fellows), Erin Moran (1-year research fellow of Dr. Verma), Kristen Hussey and Rosanna Yang (1-year research assistant/fellow of Dr. Cole), Michael Berman (1-year research fellow of Dr. Nho) and Emma Klosterman (research coordinator for Dr. Romeo)
- Congratulations to Becky for successfully passing her Ph.D. thesis defense! Great work!
- Nicole’s manuscript entitled “Rotator Cuff Healing Following Continuous Subacromial Bupivacaine Infusion: An In Vivo Rabbit Study” has been accepted for publication in JSES. Great job!
- Congratulations to Vasili for successfully passing his M.S. thesis defense!
- Gabby’s manuscript entitled “Effects of Serial Sectioning and Repair of Radial Tears in the Lateral Meniscus” has been accepted for publication in AJSM. Congrats!
- Two of our manuscripts were recently accepted for publication: “A Biomechanical Comparison of Repair Techniques for Complete Gluteus Medius Tears” (Arthroscopy) and “Biomechanical Analysis of the Pectoralis Major Tendon and Comparison of Techniques for Tendo-osseous Repair” (Am J Sports Med)
- Congratulations to Aman for successfully passing his PhD thesis defense! Great job!
- Rachel’s manuscript entitled “Hip Osseous Morphologic Characteristics Using Computer Navigation and Plain Radiographs” has been accepted for publication in AJO. Congrats!
- Sanjeev’s manuscript entitled “Bony Incorporation of Soft Tissue ACL Grafts in an Animal Model: Autograft vs Allograft with Low Dose Gamma Irradiation” has been accepted for publication in AJSM. Congrats!
- Congratulations to Sanjeev Bhatia, who received a 2012 Jacquelin Perry Resident Research Award from the Ruth Jackson Orthopedic Society for his study, “Bony Incorporation of Soft Tissue ACL Grafts in an Animal Model: Autograft vs Allograft with Low Dose Gamma Irradiation.”
- The lab welcomes our newest member Katie Trella (UIC PhD Student)
- Our manuscript entitled “Murine Tendon Function is Adversely Affected by Aggrecan Accumulation Due to the Knockout of ADAMTS5″ has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Orthopaedic Research
- We welcome our new 1-year med student research fellows, Andrew Lee (mentor, Dr. Cole) and Deepti Gupta (mentor, Dr. Verma)
- Welcome aboard to our new summer students: Ellen Kroin (RUMC med student), Andrew Federer (RUMC med student), and Hari Vigneswaran (Brown Univ. med student)!
- Vasili Karas was awarded a prestigious Carolyn L. Kuckein Student Research Fellowship from AOA. Congrats on this well deserved honor!
- The lab welcomes its newest member, Anne Bartels (RUMC medical student), who is a recipient of a Dean’s Office Summer Research Fellowship.
- Congrats to Justin for successfully defending his MS thesis!
- Congrats to Becky for passing her prelim PhD thesis defense!
- The lab welcomes our newest member, Ms. Jackie Thomas
- Vincent receives a Junior Investigator Award from the Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF). Congratulations!
- The lab presented 8 posters and 1 short talk at the ORS meeting in Long Beach,CA (http://www.ors.org/meetings.html) Great work, everyone! See photos in our Gallery section